Best Blogger Tips Best Blogger Tips

Monday 9 April 2012

Blogging - Tips, Tricks & Hope For Beginners

|

I have heard a lot of talk about how the blogging market is saturated and how it is just too hard to make money unless you have a truly unique idea. If I listened to any of the negative talk out there, especially in the blogosphere, I would have quit my blogs a long time ago. The fact is, I do not listen to the nay sayers, I never have. I myself am a relatively new blogger on the scene. Having said that, I am starting to see some extra money in my bank account as a direct result from my blogging. Not nearly enough to quit my day job - yet. Needless to say, I am pleased with the results thus far, which brings me to the purpose of this article. If you are just starting out with your blog (a newbie) then listen up, this article is for you. When I started this blog approximately two months ago I hardly knew anything about blogging. I did not understand how revenue could be generated around a blog. As a result, I became a voracious reader of anything I could find about blogging. I read the Problogger book by Darren Rowse and Chris Garrett. The top two blogs I read everyday are:
(1) Problogger
(2) David Risley
I can go on and on about this, but the point is that I am a serious reader of anything blogging. This appetite for reading gives me tremendous enthusiasm for the craft. Knowledge is power. In my studies, I have come to know Wordpress pretty well. Another topic is affiliate marketing. I did some research and filled out an application to display ads on my website for the following companies: (1) Google AdSense (of course), (2) Clickbank, (3) Chitika, (4) Amazon and (5) Kontera.
All of these advertisement companies reviewed my website and approved my applications. As a result I can display their ads on my blog and get paid every time someone clicks on their ads. Pretty cool? Yes indeed. I am currently working on an ebook which will be available for download on my blog when it is complete. There are other projects I am working on that will bring revenue to my site in the long run. The point I am making is this, that we should not rely only on ads and banners. When you are working on monetizing your site, the mindset, or focus, should be on how you can generate "multiple streams of income." Another topic I am learning about is SEO, which is an acronym for search engine optimization. This is a vital part in getting traffic to your blog. The following is a list of the first four things I accomplished with regards to optimizing my site:
(1) One thing you will want to do is add your site to the following link: http://www.google.com/addurl. This will alert the Google bot to come by and evaluate your website for inclusion into the Google index. I would suggest you add your site URL to all search engines that you possibly can.
(2) Next register and get your site verified with Google webmaster tools. To do this you will need to log in at:
http://www.google.com/webmasters/
(3) Start tracking your site with data analysis using Google Analytics. This service reviews your traffic, how much traffic your blog is generating, where the traffic is coming from, etc. This is a great tool.
(4) Get a sitemap of your blog. This can be done in the Google webmaster tools screen. I have not done this with my site yet, however, I will do it asap. I have learned that the Google bot loves a sitemap.
These are some of the steps that I have taken, which have resulted in some extra money in my bank account. Not a lot, not enough to quit my day job, but enough to pinch me and tell me this is real. The evidence also suggests that listening to and acting upon what the probloggers are telling us is in our best interest if we are to succeed.
I wish you all blogging success.
To read more articles please visit my blog at: [http://mojoblogger.net]

Get Free Updates in your Inbox
Follow us on:
facebook twitter gplus pinterest rss

0 comments:

Best Blogger TipsComment here

Please Don't post spam comments OR it will automatically be deleted.
If you need more help or have an opinion or suggestion Please leave a comment Below. This is a Do-Follow Blog leaving a comment will also help your blogs Google rank.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Twitter Bird Gadget