Best Blogger Tips Best Blogger Tips

Friday 19 October 2012

Topic: how did you overcome technology challenges?

|

Learning to use the computer

I hated computers since the day I first heard of them.  Today, everything that I do revolves around it.  How did this happen?
The reason why I hated computers when I was at school was because it seemed closely related to mathematics which I already hated.  The learning of computers was just another subject that was not yet in our school curriculum back then.  Therefore, I did not have to do anything much with computers at school.  I just had to sit through some classes and seminars which introduced the device to us students.  But the hatred remained.
Once I was out of school, I forgot about computers almost entirely, except the subject surfacing in passing conversations regarding computer related courses and degrees.  As my college education progressed, and with my brother’s higher studies in engineering, the fact that computers was a vast field of knowledge and it could create plenty of job prospects started daunting on me.  That was when my brother told me that he had sent an email to me; he wanted me to check it and send a reply.  He explained the whole process of using yahoo mail to me and he even wrote it down to me, step by painstaking step.  In those days, I did not have a computer of my own.  I had to go to a nearby internet café and do the work that my brother wanted me to do.  I hesitated a lot at first.  But then, after a lot of coaxing, I went to the cafe and did exactly as I was told.  I threw away the step by step process description that my brother had given me once I entered my first yahoo mail id because all the signs that I needed were there on the site.  I still do not know where the hatred went.
Those were the good old days.  At present, my laptop takes away most of my time.  My job of freelance content writing requires me to be online, searching and typing material after material.  I pay all my bills online.  I have a huge song collection that I listen to on the laptop.  I watch movies on it.  I read e-books.  I buy things online.  I do not love or hate computers anymore.  I just use it, not just out of necessity, but because I have understood that I can do a lot of things with it.  I did not take up computer courses to learn how to use the device.  I simply started using it in cafés just because of my brother’s prompt and continued to use it occasionally until I got a personal computer of my own.  The real learning of computers started after that.
I believe technology challenges horrify us just because we hesitate to do anything about them.  As in the case of learning swimming, one just has to jump into technology and technological devices to get over technology challenges.  In fact, there is no challenge in the first place.  There are only opportunities that we can decide to take up and move forward or ignore and stay where we are.

Author Bio: 

Matthew Anton is a professional online marketer offering search engine optimization services through BackLinksVault

Get Free Updates in your Inbox
Follow us on:
facebook twitter gplus pinterest rss

0 comments:

Best Blogger TipsComment here

Please Don't post spam comments OR it will automatically be deleted.
If you need more help or have an opinion or suggestion Please leave a comment Below. This is a Do-Follow Blog leaving a comment will also help your blogs Google rank.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Twitter Bird Gadget